Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stitching Bee

NNC Stitching Bee was held at Starbucks, Bangsar Village II on Saturday, 13 June'09. Those who turned up - be it early or late - Margaret, Alynn & her 3-year old DD, Usha & her DD, Nik, Valerie, Josephine, Paul, Anne, Shanny and her 2-year ols DS, Owen and of course yours truly.

Valerie brought us little chocolate cup cakes and Shanny gave us chocolates from Swiss Land. Nik gave a green crocheted bag ala the Victorian eram and Paul who happened to be my secret partner for the bookmark exchange passed his handiwork to me. I will post the pic after this.

Well I brought some yarn and crochet needle with the intention to crochet but I did not. I returned Paul's crochet needle to him - the metallic green which I used for my first pink '3-stranded yarn' crochet bag. Incidentally I have given this bag to my future DIL. Thanks Paul for the loan of your needle.

I left around 12.40pm as I had a wedding to attend in Dato Keramat. In fact Usah left a tad earlier than I did as she too ahd a wedding to attend and had to go back home first to Klang to change to her saree for the reception.

Anyway, I was gld to meet up with everyone again. It has been a while since the last stitching bee .....hmmm when was that? And Shanny who is back in Malaysia from Swiss Land for a short stint - well it has been something like 2 years since we met her.

No pics of the meet. My camera is not able to upload images to the PC. Oh sorry ! sorry! I have a photo of the bag Nik gave me. Here it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment